Disney World, Florida reopened in June 2020. However, for many months, taking a trip there was nothing like you would have imagined for your dream vacation. So, where does it all stand now? We’re bringing you the low down of what’s open and what’s closed so that you can decide for yourself whether a trip to see Mickey is worth it.
Park Safety Features
The park is helping keep its guests safe by enhancing housekeeping and cleaning services, physical distancing restrictions, and reduced contact, which includes cashless transactions, so make sure you bring a debit/credit card when you visit.
It’s mandatory for all guests aged 2 and up to wear a face covering, there are temperature screening stations at various points around the park, and it’s a good idea to have the My Disney Experience app downloaded as you can use this for features such as online check-in at hotels, mobile order service for dining, and scannable codes for restaurant menus.
Recently Reopened Attractions
- Magic Kingdom – Tomorrowland Transit Authority PeopleMover.
- Big Blue Pool at Disney’s Art of Animation Resort.
- Magic Kingdom Hall of Presidents– closed until further notice.
- Disney’s All-Star Music & Sports resorts– closed until further notice.
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge resort– closed until further notice. However Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village is open.
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort– closed until May 30th, 2021. Disney’s Beach Club Villas are open.
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort– closed until summer 2021. Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows are still open.
- Disney’s Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside resorts– closed until further notice.
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge resort– closed until June 6th, 2021. Boulder Ridge Villas and Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge are open.
Disney dining is back up and running, including table service restaurants. You need to have a valid park admission in order to dine at any Disney restaurant. You will also need a face covering too. Disney strongly advises making dining reservations which you can do online up to 60 days in advance.
Here are some things worth noting:
- Disney dining plans are still not available to add to reservations.
- Dinner shows are currently canceled.
- Dining locations have a limited capacity.
- Private dining and in-room delivery are not currently available.
- Character Dining experiences are currently modified and only available at Garden Grill restaurant, Hollywood & Vine, Topolino’s Terrace, and Chef Mickey’s.
Despite the list of closures, a lot is open at Disney World, Florida right now, and we’re certain that you’ll have a great time if you choose to go.