SAN DIEGO—RMS North America, a provider of fully integrated, cloud-based property management systems to 6,000 properties in the hospitality industry, has appointed Fred Dominioni to chief revenue officer for the Americas. The company also revealed that it has implemented the largest update to its property management system (PMS).
Dominioni brings 15 years of global sales executive experience to RMS. In his new role, he will be responsible for driving new business in all verticals, building relationships with enterprise accounts and managing the North American marketing, sales, and customer success teams. Previously, he held leadership roles at multiple venture-backed technology startups, including VMware, Brightcove and Playable.
“It’s an exciting time to join RMS and contribute to the rapid growth of the organization, especially during these unprecedented times for the hospitality industry,” said Dominioni. “At RMS, we are all about solving business owners’ problems. What are their pain points? What would success look like to them? Then we figure out how our software and best practices can help.”
“Fred brings a strong track record in hyper-growth management, SaaS and customer-centric technologies to RMS,” commented Reza Paydar, CEO, RMS North America. “With his passion and drive, we will continue to expand our role as a trusted partner to businesses in the hospitality industry.”
The new version of the company’s PMS introduces a brand new module market that gives users the ability to activate integrations and expand system functionality themselves, and includes enhancements to other features including advanced security protocols, interactive dashboards and contactless guest solutions.
“Over the years, RMS has developed one of the most innovative hospitality technology platforms for properties of all types and sizes. This update increases value for our customers by enabling better access to the information and features they need most to achieve their business strategies,” said Paydar. “This update is a result of meaningful feedback from our customers and our understanding of hospitality best practices. Software can have a significant impact on a business’ effectiveness, efficiency and profitability, and these new features will empower operators to optimize their operations and do more for their guests.”
Key updates to RMS’ property management system include:
- A redesigned interface with fresh iconography and a customizable toolbar with shortcuts to frequently used features for more intuitive navigation
- OTA and guest upsell information added to the all-in-one reservation screen for greater insight into reservations with less clicks
- Advanced dashboards, interactive charts and default templates for front office, financial and marketing users to enable more data-driven business decisions
- A new market module that reduces reliance on manual system configurations by allowing users browse through and activate more than 50 connected modules including SMS messaging, guest loyalty, revenue management and more
- Pre-check-in and self-service check-in functionality through the guest portal for faster, contactless guest experiences that are still personal
- Enhanced security protocols for guest data protection including two-factor authentication and better user password management
- Quarterly reminders to review scheduled reports and remove any reports that are no longer relevant to keep inboxes uncluttered