HONG KONG—KHOS, the newest concept from Rosewood Hotel Group, has revealed the latest details of the brand’s evolution since it was first unveiled in Q4 of 2017. KHOS is crafted to embrace today’s modern lifestyle, reinventing the traditional idea of the business hotel. KHOS is designed specifically for a new generation of travelers for whom the conventional boundaries of work and play no longer exist.
Currently operating a hotel and a resort at two locations in China, with additional properties opening in the near future; the brand’s philosophy is underpinned by a distinct lifestyle orientation inspired by the energy, art, creativity, style and dynamism of the modern day. As the world continues to change, and with the ever-increasing demands of the digital generation, KHOS is prepared for a new era in business travel and hospitality.
“We created KHOS to cater to the needs of this new generation of travelers: people who are constantly on the move and crave places to stay that understand, mirror and support their dynamic lifestyle,” said Sonia Cheng, CEO of Rosewood Hotel Group. “Our concept reflects the new priorities and preferences of this community and keeps pace with the continuing rapid evolution of digitalization, while simultaneously pioneering new and safe ways of working.”
An Inspired Solution for the New Generation
Derived from the Mongolian word meaning “pair”, KHOS was inspired to encourage collaboration among creators, with properties encompassing ergonomic environments designed to inspire a global class of change-makers. Whether entrepreneurs exchanging ideas, business teams building common ground, or couples, families and friends strengthening their emotional ties through shared experiences, KHOS invites local residents and international travelers alike to come together to explore, innovate and recharge against a backdrop of cultures and communities. To this end, the concept’s combination of benefits and functions serve as a convergence of the best aspects of business hotels, lifestyle hotels, social clubs and communal workspaces, amounting to an ecosystem of services tailored for modernists in today’s lifestyle as they switch between work and play.
At the core of the KHOS philosophy are key signatures which underscore the brand’s positioning as a hub where business and leisure, productivity, creativity and wellness are interlinked:
- KHOS Connect is a communal workspace with social, flexible and spatial design and a program of events, available to both in-house guests and the local community.
- The Commons replaces the formality of a traditional lobby with a more casual social hub. Designed to both inspire and engage, the space is also open to both local residents and global travelers.
- KHOS Eat & Drink is the brand’s dining and bar program, designed to offer casual and contemporary F&B.
- KHOS Gather takes a fresh approach to meetings, replacing formal ‘meeting rooms’ with gathering spaces specifically designed to encourage and facilitate creativity and innovation.
- KHOS Play is an immersive space for younger guests to learn through fun and interactive programming. A variety of activities are hosted both indoor and outdoor with a focus on adventure, sustainability and positive self-image.
- Downtime is built on a foundation of three signatures—Retreat, Renew and Recharge. Retreat to allow guests to relax and enjoy a drink with friends; Renew as a well-being concept by introducing the tradition of bathing and cleansing ceremonies; Recharge, a social fitness experience, offering a variety of group classes and individual training.
Strategic Growth and Expansion
The KHOS growth strategy includes investment by Rosewood Hotel Group’s affiliate company, New World China, into three properties currently or soon to open in China.
“KHOS is being extremely well received by our target market, and as we grow, we will continue to evolve the concept based on our guests’ needs and feedback,” said Cheng. “We believe that the KHOS brand perfectly fits into the Rosewood Hotel Group portfolio and is truly reflective of our track record in producing exceptional experiences supported by cutting-edge design. We look forward to welcoming guests to all of our properties and to providing them with fresh opportunities to explore not just our dynamic destinations, but also the boundaries of their own ideas and innovations.”
The brand’s first property, KHOS Langfang, is situated within the high-tech city, positioned between Beijing and Tianjin in China. Housing 294 rooms, the property’s location within the Guangyang District is close to the Langfang Wanda Plaza and Beijing Daxing International Airport. The hotel has three dining outlets and the Commons.
July 2020 saw the opening of KHOS Qingyuan in northern Guangdong, the brand’s first resort. Located close to the city of Qingyuan, KHOS Qingyuan has 217 guestrooms and suites, designed using natural and sustainable materials including wood and stone, which imbue the hotel with a relaxed, Japanese-inspired aesthetic. In addition, the property has a seasonal outdoor swimming pool, a 24-hour fitness center and a hot spring. For guests with young children, KHOS Play is a space designed for children to learn and grow amid a safe, fun and interactive environment.
Rosewood Hotel Group is now anticipating the upcoming opening of its third KHOS property in China, KHOS Shenyang. Located in Tier 1 city on the Golden Corridor, the hotel has access to the Shenyang K11 Art Mall, the Shenyang New World EXPO and Wulihe metro station, with Shenyang Taoxian International Airport and major train stations. Upon opening, KHOS Shenyang will have 400 guestrooms, the Commons social hub, as well as 34,400 sq. ft. (3,200 sq. m.) of event space. KHOS Shenyang will also have culinary destinations and KHOS Connect.