NATIONAL REPORT—Kalibri Labs has released updated data from its COVID-19 Industry Health Dashboard, which is designed to provide critical insights to the hotel community as it weathers the storm of COVID-19.
Among the highlights are the following:
- Total U.S. hotel demand was slightly lower week-over-week coming out of the Labor Day holiday week. This decline is perhaps more pronounced due to the previous holiday week comparison. Concurrently, the start of fall school semesters, whether remote or in-person, and the end of the traditional summer vacation season, most likely contributed to a week-over-week drop in demand.
- Group demand continues to be depressed throughout the rest of 2020 and into Q1 2021.
- It appears that business transient travelers have yet to either get approval to travel from their companies or are not yet prepared to head back on the road in large numbers.
- Net purchased airline tickets continue a gradual progression upwards across the U.S. and most major markets. This indicates there is growing travel demand in the early part of the fall season.
- Hotel closures remain relatively flat week-over-week.