ATLANTA—IHG Hotels & Resorts has revealed planned openings for some of its brands in 2021. Here’s a look:
Following the opening of the first Voco in the U.S., Voco – The Franklin New York, a boutique property in Manhattan’s Upper East Side near Central Park, there are several new properties on the horizon for 2021:
- In the U.S., Voco – The Tiger (Columbia, MO) is an iconic building located near the University of Missouri in the city’s downtown, and Voco – St. Augustine (Florida), in the nation’s “oldest city,” is near historical landmarks, family attractions and pristine beaches.
- Voco – The Bank Johannesburg, the brand’s debut in South Africa, is expected to open in early 2021 and will be a short walk from the Gautrain station and surrounded by galleries, gourmet restaurants and nightlife.
- Voco debuts in Scotland in early 2021, with two new openings. Voco Grand Central, Glasgow adjoins the city’s historic train Central Station and is one of the most prestigious buildings in Glasgow. Voco Edinburgh – Haymarket will bring the brand’s signature guest experience to the popular capital city of Scotland. This hotel offers a fitness center and rooms with plush bedding and luxe amenities.
- Voco Melbourne Central, expected to open in late 2021, is Australia’s third Voco hotel. The 252-room hotel will form part of the 380 Melbourne skyscraper and present all the hallmarks of the Voco brand. The hotel will feature a pool, gym, meeting space, all-day dining restaurant and bar, and—importantly for Melbourne—barista-served coffee.
Crowne Plaza Hotels & Resorts
- Following its track record of opening in key cities, airports and resort locations around the world, Crowne Plaza will open its first property in Cairo in late 2021. The 187-room new-build Crowne Plaza Cairo West Cairo – Arkan will be 10 minutes from the New Cairo Museum and 15 minutes from the Great Pyramids of Giza.
- Crowne Plaza Moscow – Park Huaming opens in early 2021 and will have 340 guestrooms, a premium club lounge and modern fitness facilities. There will also be three F&B options, including an authentic Chinese restaurant and an all-day dining restaurant.
- Crowne Plaza Phu Quoc Starbay in Vietnam is expected to open in the first half of 2021 and is located along the coast of Dai Beach in north-west Phu Quoc—an up-and-coming resort location with stunning beaches of the Gulf of Thailand.
In 2020, Even Hotels – Nanjing Yangtze River in China opened as its first property outside the U.S. The brand has seven more openings slated, including:
- Even Hotels Shenandoah – The Woodlands (Texas) will open in early 2021 and guests will find a wealth of things to do, from shopping to hiking the WG Jones State Forest.
- With the brand’s debut in Shenzhen, a modern metropolis in south western China, Even Hotels – Shenzhen Nanshan, will be in the up-and-coming district of Nanshan. Expected to open early next year, guests will have access to local attractions such as Lizhi Park and the Lo Wu Commercial Shopping Mall.
- Even Hotels Atlanta – Cobb Galleria (Georgia), opening mid-2021, will be located near Atlanta’s best shopping and attractions; Truist Park, home to the Atlanta Braves baseball team; and numerous corporate headquarters.
Holiday Inn Hotels & Resorts and Holiday Inn Express
Slated to open spring 2021, Holiday Inn Goa Candolim (India) in North Goa and will offer guests relaxed, comfortable and contemporary accommodations. With views of beautiful, native foliage and about 1,300 yards (1,200 meters) away from the beach, this property is near many popular tourist destinations. Additional notable 2021 openings include:
- Holiday Inn Express Brussels – Grand-Place (Belgium) will open early next year near Brussels’ central square.
- Holiday Inn Resort Samui Bophut (Thailand) will be the first Holiday Inn Resort in the popular destination of Koh Samui. Just 15 minutes from the Samui International Airport, the resort has 127 resort-styled rooms, including specially designed Kid Suites and Family Suites. The hotel is due to open in late 2021.
- Holiday Inn Express Los Angeles – Rosemead (California) is expected to open late 2021. The town of Rosemead has the best of both worlds—while near all the dazzle of Hollywood, it features plenty of parks and nature reserves for a quiet respite.
- Holiday Inn Werribee (Australia), opening in early 2021, will be the first hotel in Australia to introduce the brand’s Open Lobby concept that combines the reception area, lobby restaurant, bar & lounge into one design-led, open space. One of the newest hotels in Western Melbourne, it provides easy access to local attractions including Werribee Open Range Zoo, Victorian State Rose Garden and Pacific Werribee Shopping Centre.
- Set to be a flagship for Holiday Inn in New Zealand, the new build Holiday Inn Queenstown Remarkables Park is expected to open by the end of 2021. It has 182 contemporary guestrooms, all-day dining and bar venue, gym and large meeting facilities.
The Avid hotels brand is growing rapidly, with more than 40 properties under construction throughout the Americas in 2021. These include new hotels in every region of the US, from Salem, MA, to Moab, UT, and Mexico’s key destinations—from Guadalajara to Tijuana.
Atwell Suites is IHG’s newest all-suites hotel brand, optimized for longer stays of up to six nights. The first-ever Atwell Suites will open in summer 2021 in Miami’s Brickell neighborhood as a dual-branded property with Hotel Indigo. Two more Atwell Suites properties, Denver Airport and Austin, TX, are also in development.
- Staybridge Suites Guadalajara Novena (Mexico) is expected to open mid-2021 and will be located near Novena Mexico Shopping Mall and close to Providencia and Americas Financial Area.
- Staybridge Suites Temecula Wine Country (California) is set to open its doors early in 2021. Home to nearly 50 wineries, guests will be surrounded by beautiful views of the Californian desert, with the hotel set against the backdrop of rolling hills and sprawling valleys of vineyards.
- Staybridge Suites Cardiff (Wales) sits alongside the existing Holiday Inn Express with uninterrupted views overlooking the waterfront of Cardiff Bay. The hotel will have total of 73 suites and is scheduled to open mid-2021.
- Staybridge Suites Dubai Internet City (United Arab Emirates) will open early in 2021 along Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai’s main commercial artery with convenient access to the Dubai Metro system. Most of the studios and apartments feature a private balcony to enjoy city or sea views.
- Candlewood Suites Lexington – Medical District (South Carolina) is slated to open late 2021, offering a new option for extended-stay travelers to the greater Columbia area.