INTERNATIONAL REPORT—Hyatt has revealed that UrCove, the new hospitality brand developed under a joint venture between Hyatt and BTG Homeinns Hotel Group affiliates, opened its first five properties—UrCove Shanghai Jing’an, UrCove Shanghai Lujiazui EXPO, UrCove Shanghai Wujiaochang, UrCove Chengdu City Center and UrCove Nanjing South Railway Station. These new additions to Hyatt’s portfolio in these destination cities in China aim to better serve the highly mobile travelers in the upper-midscale segment, which will contribute to Hyatt’s commitment to further expand its brand footprint and achieve growth in the region.
“China remains a priority market for Hyatt’s growth, and we are committed to unlocking the huge potential of the country’s emerging middle class and growing domestic travel trends,” said Stephen Ho, president of growth and operations, Asia-Pacific, Hyatt. “UrCove hotels cater to the underserved premium upper-midscale segment and with five UrCove hotels open in the major gateway cities of Shanghai, Chengdu and Nanjing, the brand is more accessible for this large, attractive and growing customer base. This also marks a tremendous business opportunity for Hyatt and BTG Homeinns Hotel Group, as we continue enriching guests’ and World of Hyatt members’ experiences with more unique stay options, now including the UrCove brand.”
“We are excited that our collaboration with Hyatt has come to realization after 17 months of hard work,” said David Sun, general manager of BTG Homeinns Hotels Group, chairman/CEO of Homeinns Hotel Group. “By combining our extensive knowledge of the local market with Hyatt’s experience in premium care and hospitality, UrCove hotels are setting a new benchmark in the local hospitality industry.”
- UrCove Shanghai Jing’an: 265 guestrooms; located in the Jing’an central business district in Shanghai
- UrCove Shanghai Lujiazui EXPO: 142 guestrooms; located in the South of Lujiazui CBD, a financial center in Shanghai, surrounded by shopping centers, upscale office buildings and distinguished schools, with close proximity to popular attractions like the Oriental Pearl Radio & TV Tower
- UrCove Shanghai Wujiaochang: 199 guestrooms; located in the Wujiaochang business circle, a business hub in northern Shanghai and a leisure and shopping area
- UrCove Chengdu City Center: 204 guestrooms; located in the center of Chengdu Digital Square business district. The hotel offers guests travel and business convenience to reach every corner of the city where they can experience Chengdu life and culture
- UrCove Nanjing South Railway Station: 205 guestrooms; adjacent to Nanjing South Railway Station, one of the largest railway transportation hubs in China, offering convenience for guests to explore the city while indulging in the culture of Nanjing, the ancient capital of six China dynasties
Each hotel features an all-day dining restaurant, a 24-hour gym, a self-service laundry room and meeting rooms. New smart service facilities support self-service check-in and checkout and all hotels feature the signature “UrCove Space,” which offers guests a multi-functional space for business and social gatherings.
“All UrCove hotels are equipped with advanced technology, thoughtful and social communal spaces to provide guests with a seamless, comfortable and refined living environment,” said Elton Sun, CEO/managing director of the joint venture. “With more hotels expected to open doors in gateway cities in China in the coming years, we aim to cater to more frequent business travelers, providing them with a reliable shelter and cozy sanctuary.”
World of Hyatt members booking a UrCove stay through Hyatt channels can earn and redeem points through World of Hyatt, while guests booking through Homeinns channels can participate in BTG Homeinns Club, Homeinns Hotels Group’s loyalty program.