Curator Hotel & Resort Collection has added 11 member hotels from the Provenance collection, one of Curator’s six founding members. These boutique lifestyle properties span cities across the U.S., ranging from Hotel Lucia in Portland, OR, to The Old No. 77 Hotel in New Orleans, and are now members of Curator’s growing portfolio. Curator’s founding members represent a collection of 120-plus independent lifestyle hotels and resorts, with many more expected to participate over the coming months.
“As the demand for independent hotels continues to evolve, Provenance is honored to join Curator during a crucial time for the hospitality industry,” said Gordon Sondland, chairman/chief development officer of Provenance. “Each of our hotels has a distinct identity, distilled from the culture within our communities. Curator allows us to maintain that individuality while unlocking valuable resources that enhance efficiencies to maintain our best-in-class service.”
Since its November 2020 launch, Curator reports that its owner-centric hospitality platform has experienced substantial interest from the marketplace as independent hotels focus on ways to be more cost-effective in the current environment. An increasing number of independent hotels are searching for cost efficiencies to strengthen their bottom line. Curator gives its members the power to compete together to lower costs without changing how they choose to operate their businesses.
“Curator is addressing the increasing demand for one-of-a-kind travel experiences, boosting independent hotels’ performance and ultimately lifting the industry as a whole,” said Jennifer Barnwell, president of Curator. “It has been incredible to see like-minded properties come together for a greater benefit. We are delighted to welcome these distinguished hotels, each with their own unique guest experiences, to the Curator collection. We look forward to inviting them to tap into the resources they need to thrive in this unpredictable hospitality landscape.”
Member hotels gain access to best-in-class operating agreements, services and non-proprietary technology that collectively generate significant cost-savings along with access to Curator’s network of industry professionals and operators, the company reports. The result is that owners and operators have more time and resources to invest in guests, drive revenues and spend less time on vetting and contracting vendors.
The following Provenance hotels are now members of the Curator Hotel & Resort Collection:
- Heathman Hotel (Portland, OR): Located in the heart of Portland’s downtown cultural district, this 151-room luxury hotel maintains strong partnerships with local arts and culture organizations.
- Hotel deLuxe (Portland, OR): Inspired by the Golden Era of Hollywood, this 130-room property combines an art deco aesthetic with modern art.
- Hotel Lucia (Portland, OR): Located in downtown Portland, this 127-room hotel is surrounded by restaurants, boutiques, cafes, galleries, brewpubs and distilleries.
- Hotel Theodore (Seattle): Situated in the Pike-Place corridor of Seattle’s downtown, this 153-room hotel draws travelers seeking inspiration in addition to relaxation.
- Sentinel (Portland, OR): Located in the West End of Portland, this 100-room hotel is near local boutiques, Pearl District art galleries and an independent bookstore.
- Dossier (Dossier, OR): Located between the Willamette River and Washington Park in downtown Portland, this 205-room hotel celebrates the natural beauty of the Pacific Northwest with a permanent art collection containing works from Portland-area painters, printmakers and illustrators.
- Hotel Murano (Tacoma, WA): Set at the center of downtown Tacoma, this 319-room hotel is the basecamp for exploring this waterfront city’s natural beauty.
- Hotel Preston (Nashville, TN): Located near the airport and downtown Nashville, this art-filled boutique hotel has 196 rooms and southern-inspired dining options.
- Villa Royale (Palm Springs, CA): One of the first hotels built in South Palm Springs, Villa Royale opened in 1947 and was frequented by Hollywood celebrities and industry folk. Today, the hotel’s 36 villas each display a mid-century modern style.
- Hotel Max (Seattle): This 163-room hotel is located at the southern point of the Denny Triangle.
- The Old No. 77 Hotel (New Orleans): Inspired by New Orleans’ rich heritage, this 167-room hotel is only three blocks from the French Quarter.
Curator Hotel & Resort Collection was formed by Pebblebrook Hotel Trust, along with six lifestyle hotel operators including Benchmark Global Hospitality, Davidson Hotels & Resorts, Noble House Hotels & Resorts, Provenance, Springboard Hospitality and Viceroy Hotels & Resorts.