Global experts have confirmed their participation at the 9th annual Boutique Hotel Investment Conference on June 2-3, 2021, produced by Boutique Lifestyle Leaders Association (BLLA).
From workshops to mentorship circles, to debates, to keynotes, to investment opportunity presentations and more, there will be a range of content and networking opportunities for all hotel investment professionals, according to organizers.
Returning to the virtual stage are Ian Schrager, Avi Brosch, Michael Fuerstman, Rami Zeidan and Andrew Zobler. The global roster of leaders includes the top owners, investors and creators of some of the world’s best independent brands and properties who will be talking candidly about what’s really going on in the industry.
The day and a half digital event include more than 50 sessions broken up into segments:
- Pre-conference activities
- Development and operations
- Financing, ownership and investment strategies
- Valuation and optimization
- Perspectives on the future of the industry
- Post-conference activities
Many of these experts are surviving and some are thriving post-pandemic due to the increased interest in boutique hotels in general, organizers report. Bringing them together supports the strong possibilities for the independent and boutique sectors as they share their wisdom and experience toward a hopeful outlook for the future of an industry that is clearly struggling in other segments. The day’s curriculum is engaging throughout, with content formats like mentorship circles, virtual speed dating, case studies, new hotel opportunity presentations, workshops and more.
Some of the agenda topics (nearly 60 in total):
- Securing a Big Deal
- View from the Chief Investment Officer
- Financing a Boutique Hotel in Today’s Landscape
- Transforming the Owner Operator Relationship
- Investing in Women-Owned Boutique Hotels
- The Rising Stars of Boutique Hotel Investment
- The Legacy that Schrager Built
- Scaling a Boutique Hotel Collection
Additionally, there will be presentations of current hotel projects in various phases of development, showcased throughout the event. A few examples:
- The first alternative lodging flag specifically designed to satisfy the evolved wants and aspirations of UHNW (Ultra High Net Work) travelers.
- Opportunity Zone project in upstate New York with under 75 rooms upscale boutique hotel utilizing an existing building and an add-on, creating the best product in the market.
- The boutique hotel ranked in Top 20 of all hotels in Puerta Vallarta, Mexico containing 3 buildings with room to expand up to 25 additional suites.