During your backpacking adventures, you’ll stay in hostels, hear people sing songs on their ukulele and you’ll likely connect your phone to a speaker so that you can all listen to the best backpacking songs.
Backpacking music is an excellent way to connect with fellow travelers. The following songs are popular songs that we all know and that can make you the perfect hostel DJ.
In this post, you’ll find the best hostels and backpacking songs. You’ll also find music playlists at the end of the post.
Top Backpacking Songs
Take a look at our suggestions and add these backpacking songs to your playlist. Alternatively, you can go to the next section to find premade playlists that are perfect for travelers and backpackers.
- Jubel – Klingande
- My Brightside – The Killers
- Sonnentanz – Klangarussel, Will Heard
- Wake Me Up – Avicii
- Are You With Me – Lost Frequencies
- Summer – Calvin Harris
- Easy Love – Sigala
- Walking On A Dream – Empire of the Sun
- Good Vibrations – The Beach Boys
- Blurred Lines – Robin Thicke, T.I, Pharrel Williams
- Summer Of ‘69 – Bryan Adams
- Sweet Home Alabama – Lynyrd Skynyrd
- Stacy’s Mom – Foundations of Wayne
- Stay High – Tove Lo
- All Star – Smash Mouth
- Roadtrippin’ – Dan + Shay
- I’m Gonna Be (500 miles) – The Proclaimers
- Wonderwall – Oasis
- Fast Car – Tracey Chapman
- Drops Of Jupiter – Train
- Home – Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
- Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Send Me On My Way – Rusted Root
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- Breakfast at Tiffany’s – Deep Blue Something
- Little Lion Man – Mumford & Sons
- Big Yellow Taxi – Counting Crows, Vanessa Carlton
- I Believe In A Thing Called Love – The Darkness
- Brown Eyed Girl – Van Morrison
- Sex On Fire – Kings Of Leon
- Hey Ya! – Outkast
- Watermelon Sugar – Harry Styles
- The Girl Is Mine – 99 Souls
- She Moves In Her Own Way – The Kooks
- Dance, Dance – Fall Out Boy
- Dakota – Stereophonics
- Fluorescent Adolescent – Arctic Monkeys
- Alright – Supergrass
- Hideaway – Kiesza
- Budapest – George Ezra
- Run The World (Girls) – Beyonce
- Holiday – Dizee Rascal
- Livin’ On a Prayer – Bon Jovi
- Time To Pretend – MGMT
- Three Little Birds – Bob Marley
- Guaranteed – Eddie Vedder
- 22 – Taylor Swift
- Bat Out Of Hell – Meatloaf
- Riptide – Vance Joy
- You’ve Got The Love – Florence & The Machine
Best Spotify Backpacking Playlists
If you’re searching for ready-made travel playlists, you’ll find great ones on Spotify. It’s a great way to discover new music and listen to new music genres.
Here are our top 5 Spotify playlists for the best travel, hostel, road trip, and backpacking adventures.
Traveling Music | Vacation Music | Holiday By Soave
This long traveling playlist will keep you busy for nearly 10 hours. You’ll find the latest hits mixed with chill travel vibes. You’ll wish you’re having a drink on the beach in Thailand – that’s for sure.
Summer Vibes By Spotify
Want to connect with fellow long-term travelers? Join our exclusive Facebook group and take part in the conversation.
PSSST. Your travel medical insurance can now cover COVID-19! If you grab SafetyWing‘s Nomad Insurance, it’ll be covered just like other illnesses. I’ve been using it since 2019 and I can assure you it’s the perfect solution for nomads like you and me.
This is one of my current favorites – the Summer Vibes playlist offers a small range of Afro, Caribbeans, and Latin sounds. You’ll want to dance when hearing these songs and you’ll surely discover new favorites.
Backpackers & Hostel Vibes By Bugsy1993
This playlist includes the best songs to take you to the backpacker flow. It also includes some newer hits for a chill and diverse atmosphere. It’s a long playlist that should cover your musical needs for nearly 11 hours.
Australian Backpackers By Koen Verheij
Perfect for road trips and hostel life, you’ll find classics from the 70s, 80s, 90s, and newer hits. If you’re after a relaxing atmosphere (especially when driving), this can be a smart choice.
Beach Vibes | Summertime Hits 2020 By Beach Vibes
Finally, this summer beach chill playlist can provide a fun and relaxing atmosphere for nearly 10 hours. Including different genres and hits from different times – you’ll be dreaming of the beach in no time.
Final Thoughts On Backpacking Music
Whether you’re planning your backpacking adventures or a road trip, make sure to bookmark this page to find the best backpacker songs quickly.
That said, there are plenty of great playlists on Spotify if you wish to make your life easy.
Looking for hiking music? Take a look at our list of the best songs for hiking.