Road-tripping as a couple can be fun (and/or challenging). If you’re driving long distances, you may need games or conversation starters to keep the whole thing interesting. This is why we made a list of 100 road trip questions designed for couples so you can learn more about each other while on the road.
Go through the whole list or pick the ones that inspire you the most. You can also pick a category – it’s entirely up to you.
This list of road trip questions for partners list includes fun and light questions as well as deeper ones.
Fun Questions for Couples
- Which ‘Disney’ character would you be?
- Which character would you want to play in a movie?
- If you could ask a ghost one question, what would it be?
- What three things would you take with you to the Sahara Desert?
- What’s the weirdest dream you’ve had?
- What’s the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- If you were an animal, what would you be?
- If you could have a superpower, which one would you pick?
- What’s a weird/secret skill you have?
- Who, between you two, would be the more likely to survive in the wilderness?
Conversation starters for Couples
- Which 3 people (dead or alive) would you have at your ideal dinner party and why?
- What is the most spontaneous thing you’ve ever done?
- If you could be present at any major event in history, which one would you choose and why?
- What is one quote that you live by?
- What do you think are the 3 best personality traits in your partner?
- If you could be born at any point in history, when would you choose?
- What would be your ideal day?
- What hobbies would you like to take up?
- How you would describe your partner in one sentence?
- Are there any conspiracy theories you believe in?
Deep Questions for Couples
- What are three important values for you?
- What’s the next step in your relationship?
- Is there a book you’ve read that has changed your perspective of life?
- If you could make one positive change in your relationship, what would it be?
- When do you feel like your most authentic self?
- Where did you see yourself at this age, 10 years ago?
- Name three things that make you proud.
- When have you been the happiest in the last month?
- How do you think you’ve changed the most in the last few years?
- Name three things you’re grateful for in your relationship.
- If you could have one celebrity chef make you a meal, who would you choose?
- What would your death row meal be?
- What’s the weirdest food you’ve tried?
- You can only have sweet or savory for the rest of your life, which one would you choose?
- What’s one food that should be banned from the world?
- What’s your favorite restaurant of all time?
- What’s the strangest combination of foods you’ve tried?
- What’s your biggest cooking disaster?
- What’s one dish you’ve mastered?
- If you had to choose between only having drinks or food for the rest of your life, which one would you pick?
Romantic Questions for Couples
- How do you think our dynamic has changed since the start of our relationship?
- Do you remember what your first thought was when you first met me?
- Where is your ideal honeymoon destination?
- What is your love language?
- What family traditions would you like to start together?
- What is an ideal date night for you?
- What’s your favorite memory of us?
- Is there something you wish you’d done differently in our relationship?
- What’s the best gift I’ve ever given you?
- What’s the most romantic thing we’ve done?
Want to connect with fellow long-term travelers? Join our Facebook group and the conversation.
PSSST. SafetyWing finally covers COVID. I’ve been using their Nomad Insurance since 2019. It’s the perfect solution for nomads like me. Don’t leave without your travel insurance.
- If we could live somewhere else, where would you like to live?
- What is your favorite travel memory?
- Which countries are on your bucket list?
- What is the most terrifying/unpleasant travel experience you’ve had?
- If you could pick a name for a country, how would you name it?
- What’s the longest road trip you’ve done?
- What is the thing you like the least about travel?
- Which country’s cuisine is your favorite?
- What’s your favorite city in the world?
- Do you prefer mountains or beaches?
Would you Rather Questions for Couples
- Would you rather have no internet or no phone?
- Would you rather live on a luxury boat or a private island?
- Would you rather have unlimited money or unlimited knowledge?
- Would you rather be stranded in the desert or in the jungle?
- Would you rather never have to clean or never have to cook again?
- Would you rather only eat meat or never eat meat?
- Would you rather be able to read minds or be invisible?
- Would you rather give up your favorite drink or meal forever?
- Would you rather live in a car or in a cottage three hours away from the nearest city?
- Would you rather be chased by a bear or a crocodile?
How Well Do You Know Me?
- What does my dream life look like?
- What’s my go-to fast food order?
- What’s my dream job?
- Do I have any allergies?
- What is my favorite meal?
- Who is my best friend?
- Who is my hero?
- What’s my favorite way to relax?
- What is my cocktail of choice?
- How would I spend my last day on earth?
Would you ever…?
- Would you ever go to Mars?
- Would you ever scuba dive?
- Would you ever go on a jungle trip?
- Would you ever join the army?
- Would you ever go on the world’s steepest rollercoaster?
- Would you ever bungee jump?
- Would you ever go to a haunted house?
- Would you ever go on a reality show?
- Would you ever skydive?
- Would you ever climb Mount Everest?
Childhood Questions for Couples
- What was your biggest fear as a child, and do you still have it?
- Who was your childhood crush?
- Who was your favorite teacher?
- What did you want to be when you grew up?
- What type of students were you?
- What’s your earliest memory?
- What was your favorite hobby/activity?
- What toy were you obsessed with as a child?
- What was your favorite movie?
- What was your favorite game?
We hope you managed to learn more about your romantic partner with our list of questions for couples on a road trip. Obviously, don’t forget to stop along the way and to enjoy the views!